Sunday, January 4, 2009

Ritual


Just about
to have
my breakfast. Bagel/ cream cheese, coffee.
No brainer. Until I go to open the new package of cream
cheese.You know what's coming! Unless you live in a part
of the world that precludes this nerve wracking
self-flagellating ritual.
The big Philly guys have been manufacturing this tiny
torture chamber for lo, a couple of hundred years!
You'd think, wouldn't you? Simpler packaging?
x
If you've found a way to open this silver papered package
of cream cheese, without slashing, futile pulling, tearing,
please do a good deed and let me know the secret.
It's a bit too much to ask me to start the opening
process the night before. And it is totally unacceptable
for me to find cream cheese still under my fingernails at
4 o'clock in the afternoon.
x
Now, for breakfast.

3 comments:

Alanna Risse said...

Have you tried opening from the center out? Instead of from the sides? Maybe our lefty packaging is different from yours but that usually does the trick out here. If not, I am sorry, bad packaging tans my hide.

Anonymous said...

Alanna-
I've tried everything "normal". I visualize myself stomping on it like some cartoon character!
But thanks for the advice.

Anonymous said...

Googler-
Thank you so much!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin