Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Steppin' Out!


I LIKE TO THINK THAT
I'M HEADING OUT THIS
MORNING TO CELEBRATE.
Why not kick up my heels, do the can-can,
turn fate on its ear? Or, I should say,
turn it to my eye.
Because:
x
One more time I'm heading to
the hospital for some rapid surgery.
Seems my left eyelid didn'tbehave
itself as nicely as my right eyelid
did after my last operation. Lazy
muscle, what good is that to me?
So far three surgeries in a year...one
more to go. Here's the story... two
cataracts, fabulous success.
20/20 eyesight, no glasses anymore!
But, lids are lazy, not as uplifting
as they used to be, really interfered
with my great vision...soooo, a bit
of ratcheting up was recommended.
x
Well, here's where I came in. Back
to the lab to try to get that naughty
left lid to behave. I do hope this will
be the successful end to my eye saga.
x
Now where are my dark glasses?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Lotsa luck Lyn. I'm sure they'll have both your peepers flashin' on full beam!

Natalie said...

Good luck,sweetness! Thinking of you.xx♥

Unknown said...

Wow Lyn. Hope all goes well with your uplifting eye surgery. Prayers with you.

Jane

Tess Kincaid said...

Hope all goes well for you. Peace and safety, my friend! :)

Karen said...

Thinking of you! Hope all goes well. Get those lids into shape!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
Just got back..went well..looks a fright!!! Will get better, I'm sure..

Lyn said...

Natalie-
Right back at you..hope this is the last of it! Thank you..

Gaston-
Looks strange..I'm sort of
metamorphosing! Thanks for your good wishes..

Willow-
Just got back, and where do I head to? Weird, huh? Thank you, friend!!

Karen-
Thanks..it went well, a bit ouchy right now! But it's over!!

Jeane Myers said...

high hopes for a successful resolution!:)))))))))) and then the can can!

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
Thanks for your good wishes..lying around with an ice pack..Can-can? Imagine what kind of an operation that would lead to !!!

A Cuban In London said...

I wish you bucketloads of luck. My, oh my, and you still found time to embed humour into your post. You're brave.

Greetings from London.

Lyn said...

Greetings to A Cuban-
Thank you..that's what my son says, that I'm brave..I don't think so... I sometimes think that humor is like whistling in the dark! Anyway, it's my survival mechanism...
Spending the day with ice (pack) today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin