Sunday, July 19, 2009

Just Imagine..

THIS IS MORE THAN AN EPIPHANY, WHICH I TAKE
to be a sudden flash of enlightenment. No, I call this a revelation of sorts. It needs to be shared, and I want to tell it simply.
x
My mother passed away on July 18, 2008. On the anniversary of her death, yesterday, my thoughts and feelings were focused on her from the moment I awakened. I slightly entertained the thought that it would be "nice" if I received some sort of sign from her. I am big on signs, clues, emanations, from whoever is tossing off comfort and joy.
x
It was an early breakfast that I was preparing in the kitchen. I switched on the radio as usual and had to strain to hear the classical station I listen to in the morning. I heard the hushed beginning of Ravel's Bolero. It took me a couple of seconds to realize, and I then felt as if I were being splashed with cold water. Because from the time I was a babe, my Mom practically fell into a swoon whenever she heard the Bolero. I stood transfixed as the music rose to its crescendo. I felt as if we were listening to it together, didn't dare move too far from this "sign". It was an answer to prayers. And I started to laugh at this incredible cosmic "coincidence"! Who sent it? Mom? An angel? God? In an instant I felt that I was being reassured of our connectedness. Why me? Maybe because I'm such a nag for enlightenment. Maybe I have enough points for a miracle.
x
But let's not stop there. I happened to be watching a local TV program in the late afternoon, of that very day; an interview with the new conductor of the New York Philharmonic, when Mr. Gilbert mentioned that he wanted to take the audience further away from their comfort zone. Not that there was anything wrong with the great favorite,"Bolero", he proclaimed, as I grabbed hold of a chair. No, I wasn't going to faint. Just trying to be graceful as I accept this experiment in miraculous coincidence. Here we go again...thank you to whoever. Thank you for this special gift.
x
Not so fast. Things do come in three's, don't they? Am I giving it away? Last year my ex passed away on July 19, 2008, one day after my Mom died. We were overwhelmed, of course. I had a thought today, his anniversary, that it would sort of round things off if there could be a sign from him. Yet, why me, the ex? I seemed to be in the mood to collect signs. Last night I felt that music would be a "logical" contact. Not so far fetched, he was a superb clarinetist, classical and otherwise. Yes, clarinet music would be suitable. Well, there I was in the kitchen again, today, preparing some lunch, switching on the radio...
x
My ex,"CS", always favored Von Weber's Concerto for Clarinet and Piano, and that's what I was rewarded with. This time I didn't laugh, I just sniffled a bit. Something very different has happened. Really.
x
I know what amazing grace is now. You never know when signs and revelations will be heaped on you. Actually, it's quite wonderful!

16 comments:

Linda S. Socha said...

Absolutely wonderful. What a gift. I totally believe in these connections.
Hello to your mom and your ex I believe
Nice Post Lyn
Linda

Linda S. Socha said...

P.S.
I love the Open window photo
Linda

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh, this gave me goosebumps! I really believe signs and messages are often conveyed in the form of music. It's happened to me too many times to be coincidence. Wonderful synchronicities!

Linda S. Socha said...

Lyn
I just discovered your other blog! Wonderful. However I could not locate the widget for following....Is there one there?

Also, I have a growing love the the window photograph. Did you take that. May I purchase it from you? If not do you know where I can locate one? I have an email at lindasocha@aol.com
if you would like to respond there.
Love your blog
Linda

A Cuban In London said...

They are three remarkable coincidences and yes, we could put it down to cosmic energy or the existence of that 'other'. I have received signs like those in my life before and one of my explanations is that my mind was so attuned to the event that it actually 'caused' the event to happen. Odd, I know, and unexplainable, but totally plausible. Remember, we know very little about the human mind.

Greetings from London.

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
Thank you so much..I'm so glad to hear that you have had these experiences..I'm walking on air!

Lyn said...

Hi Linda-
Hello indeed!! I think things happen to all of us, to a different degree..this was bonus time for me!!

Lyn said...

Greetings to a Cuban-
We know so little of not only the human mind, but also of all things dreamt of in our philosophies!! I would be happy to claim the power to create the whole chain of these events, but at the moment I still feel like the receiver!
Thank you always for your fine input!!

Jeane Myers said...

I'm a total believer in a world we can't see - it's nice to not have it all figured out and know there are mysteries still out there - I love the Japanese proverb on your sidebar - it makes me laugh at my age :)

Karen said...

I just 'sniffed' a little too. A wonderful gift.

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
I think we will never have it all figured out..It is nice though when "interesting" things happen! And they always do!!

Lyn said...

Hi Karen-
Thank you for your sentiments..I too think it was quite a gift!

Lyn said...

Hi Linda-
Your last 2 messages just appeared!! That's my relationship with Blogspot!
Happy you like my other blog..I thought it had the widget, will check..thanks.
Now the photo..love it too..found it amongst all those zillions of pics in cyberspace..

Lyn said...

Hi Linda-
You can find the "follow" on Minny Blue if you scroll down. It's second from the bottom, right hand side..thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn

I'm glad you were able to enjoy these signs/company; wherever it came from, whoever created it.

BTW, had a good time in Harrogate and managed not to be too boringly sensible. Now, when did you say you were getting that shopping trip together?!!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
Enjoy, indeed! As you say, from wherever it comes, it sure was different!
Glad you enjoyed your trip..
Me? I'm always ready to shop till I drop!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin