Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dream On...


ILLUSIONS
X
Water isn't a peril
unless you're drowning in it.
You imagined you could start
your own way of breathing
while riding the waves.
x
Now you want me to save you.
I can say yes,
I can.
x
I know how to put my mouth to wounds
to kiss the damage away.
I myself write notes to saints
x
but every bleeding gash I show
proves less worthy
than the stigmata.
x
Alright, I'll save you.
First time for me too.
x
Step one,
stop nailing smoke to the wall,
then
send flowers to your memories,
and bury them
as if they were a dead princess.
x
x
c copyright/ all rights reserved

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

Thanks for dropping in so early. You are making me think again! There are many evocative phrases in this. I especially like the water not being a peril - unless you're drowning!

Tess Kincaid said...

"...send flowers to your memories, and bury them..." I love that. Powerful, Lyn.

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
I like visiting early, on my way out for my run, while the good weather lasts..and thank you for your early visit!! I believe you think very well without prompting from me..

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
I so appreciate your kind words and insight, always..thank you!!Are you really just one person??One amazing person!!

Kat Mortensen said...

I like it, Lyn! "nailing smoke to the wall" that's a beaut!

Kat

Lyn said...

Hi Kat-
Thank you..I'm sure that you also just "find" a phrase!

Dominic Rivron said...

Like it! Couldn't help thinking of it as (almost) a kind of answer to Stevie Smith's drowned person.

Lyn said...

Hi Dominic-
..."too far out all my life and not waving but drowning"...a common malady!
Thank you for the comparison..but in my poem I believe the waving man is in distress!!

Unknown said...

Hi again Lyn,

Just came across a peach poem at my friend Alaine's, downunder. You might like to take a look. Enjoy your weekend.

http://coccinella-ladybug.blogspot.com/2009/08/from-blossoms.html

Lyn said...

Derrick-
Thank you so much for leading me to such a terrific poem..I will follow the site..you sure can spot them!!
Now I'm out the door (7:45AM)for my run..a gorgeous, clear morning!!

Jeane Myers said...

good morning Lyn - wow, this is so powerful - so much here - thank you :)

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
So glad that you liked this one..I'm doing so much writing these days..a positive sign!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin