Thursday, July 9, 2009

Solution.

IS MAD THE SAME AS ANGRY?
X
What if a day was a product
that I could tie up with a ribbon
and put on a shelf?
What if my anger was called Pandora
with the caution not to disturb?
What if the end of days
lets me finally open that box,
to unpack a memento of you?
x
What if I found that the package is empty,
and I don't get those days back again?
x
I seem to recall the poison you brewed,
a toxin without a vaccine.
I thought I'd find an explanation
with a note left by you.
x
You didn't apologize
for the lava bubbling
where your blood was supposed to flow.
I remember your voice
as the sound of the wolf
baying at the moon.
x
I bite my lip as the truth bleeds through.
I'm the one who was fooled.
I chose to be the singer,
and I named the song after you.
x
x
c copyright/ all rights reserved

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

Another of your enigmatic poems! I marvel at the idea behind it and I love the last stanza.

Butternut Squash said...

An emotion that feeds on itself and makes you crazy, mad. I like your imagery of the empty present. A friend of mine used a similar image to warn me away from taking a tainted gift. Her beautifully wrapped present contained crap. There is so much more to say. Where is all the anger coming from and where to send it?

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
Thank you so much..as you probably know very well, when you write poetry..you don't necessarily know where it's heading..it's a trip, isn't it?

Lyn said...

Hi Butternut...
I like your little tale...I've had a "big" life, like to write. Anger comes from memory, and it is sent to poetry! I don't necessarily feel it anymore, but as a drama queen, I can use it!!

Raph G. Neckmann said...

What a powerful poem, Lyn! I like what you say about anger coming from memory and is sent to poetry. Something positive and creative coming out of it.

Lyn said...

Hi Raph-
Thank you...Maybe if everyone wrote, they'd be less angry! There's something about writing it down that helps to balance things..

Jeane Myers said...

mmmmm, another hint of your life - I love the mystery this presents and I'm with Derrick - love the last stanza also - well, actually, I like the whole thing, but especially the last bit :)

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
Thank you for your comment..I have to say that this poem is non-specific..just part of the memory bank that we all have..I'm glad if it turns out to be so personal...

A Cuban In London said...

So rhythmical. I was singing it in my head. The 'what ifs' are excellent. Many thanks, by far one of my top favourites.

Greetings from London.

Lyn said...

Greetings to A Cuban-
You are more than kind! Thank you..it's funny about the rhythm, unplanned..so I went with it. You sing, I'll dance!!

gerry boyd said...

Simply, Bravo! Great meter and mystery.

Lyn said...

Hi Gerry-
Thank you so much... This was one that just flowed..

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin