Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Last Lines


THIS IS A RATHER SHORT LISTof famous last lines from even more famous movies. Just in case you've forgotten, I'll prompt you a bit.
x
Who can forget Vivien Leigh's final words as Scarlett O'Hara in "Gone With the Wind", 1939.
"I'll go home and I'll think of some way to get him back! After all, tomorrow is another day!"
x

Judy Garland as Dorothy Gale in "The Wizard of Oz", 1939. "And oh, Auntie Em, there's no place like home."
x
Bette Davis as Charlotte Vale in "Now Voyager", 1942. To Paul Henreid: "Oh, Jerry, don't let's ask for the moon. We have the stars."
x


Joe E. Brown as Osgood Fielding III, "Some Like It Hot", 1959, to Jack Lemmon: "Well, nobody's perfect!"


Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter, "The Silence of the Lambs", 1991, into the phone: "I do wish we could chat longer, but I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye."


Humphrey Bogart as Rick Blaine in "Casablanca", 1943, to Claude Rains: "Louie, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."



And I hope not last.. So happy to have received this Kreativ Blogger award from the talented and original Marty at Dark Star Discovery. I am one of those creatures who likes to collect stuff. Can't help myself! Will gratefully display this honor! Will blog for food!







12 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

That was fun, Lyn! This could be the start of something.
"I blog for food". Ha ha. It sure ain't for money!

Kat

Cindy said...

I love the last lines! and your quote about forgiveness.

Lyn said...

Hi Kat-
Thank you... I think the list should go on and on...try it!

Lyn said...

Hi Wildeve-
Thanks so much! It is fun..and the forgiveness, I really like!

Tess Kincaid said...

Oh, I need to watch "Now Voyager" again. I gave my copy to my daughter a few years back and now I wish I hadn't. :P

Jeane Myers said...

Lyn, you make me laugh so hard - blog for food! ha! - the Bette Davis line is my fav! and congrats on your blog award - as always very well deserved xxo

A Cuban In London said...

The Humphrey Bogart line is one of top favourite ones ever. And the 'Some Like It Hot' always brings a smile to my face.

Greetings from London.

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
It's funny how totally unrealistic this movie really is, and yet so memorable.. It's the great actors, and the faces!! Kids don't give stuff back!

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
Thank you so much..
Only Bette Davis can say a Bette Davis line! Can you imagine saying it with a straight face?

Lyn said...

Greetings to A Cuban-
I think "Some Like It Hot", is my all around favorite ..that last line excuses everything!!
Thank you....

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

“Hello, everybody. This is Mrs. Norman Maine.”

Good old Judy in 'A Star is Born'.

Please pass the tissues!!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
They sure don't make weepies the way they used to... fun game, we should include "last lines" whenever we think of one!
Thank you...`

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin