Monday, August 24, 2009

The Edge

THE EDGE
x
What part of Heaven are you in, dear friend?
Have you settled in your boyhood choir,
awash in holy water,
fragrant as musky incense?
Did you find that intention
counts for more than the deed?
x
Not in Hell, it doesn't seem to be.
x
You didn't mean to stray
from the hallowed course,
but fancy
liberates and enslaves us all.
x
Maybe you followed my mystical path,
took my advice
and threw bits of your worth into the air,
knew that God was playing catch,
just waiting for that long toss home.
x
To be the dream within the stone,
a prospect yet to be,
a hope to be a facet,
still not polished to a gleam.
x
I think that you, like me,
will be pushed back
into the ebb and flow of things,
still on the edge of Heaven.
x
x
c copyright/ all rights reserved

14 comments:

alaine@éclectique said...

Living dangerously? Got it! You are gifted.

Tess Kincaid said...

Yup. I'm still on the edge.

Lovely, lovely piece, Lyn.

I've been wondering. Is that you in your header pic? I think it must be.

Lyn said...

Hi Alaine-
You are too generous! I think getting out of bed in the morning some days is living dangerously..

Lyn said...

Hi Willow-
Thank you so much..
and no, that's not me, but she's sort of my soul sister..and she sometimes gets my mail!!

Kat Mortensen said...

Wow! Lyn, this was something. You really got into my head too. I liked this one immensely.

Kat

Lyn said...

Hi Kat-
How nice..thank you. About poetry..I find so often that it has a life of its own..it surprises me too!

Raph G. Neckmann said...

There are all kinds of layers of meaning to ponder in this poem Lyn - I like it! I shall read it again when I'm not quite so full of cake!!

Lyn said...

Hi Raph-
Layers of meaning and layers of cake..hmm, which would I choose??
Thanks for visiting in the midst of your party!

Jeane Myers said...

oh, I loved this :)

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
I really appreciate your opinion..thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hello Lyn. I chose you for a MeMe Award! Go to my blog and download the award, share 7 pieces of info about yourself and choose 7 bloggers to extend the award to! Cheers.

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

Another beautiful poem. I love "still on the edge of Heaven". Let's hope all of us are.

Lyn said...

Hi Sylvia-
What a lovely gesture..Thank you so much for thinking of me! I'll try to come up with some interesting "stuff"..and will concentrate on 7 to pass this to!!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
I too hope we're all on the edge, ready to tilt the balance into heaven!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin