Sunday, August 2, 2009

Encounter


WORTHY
X
Don't cling to me
as you take me from the earth,
flattering me about my rosy tint,
x
inhaling my heart
then flinging me into your winter garden,
to read my petals on a wistful day.
x
Don't wrench away a coy bud
I've hidden
beneath a well placed thorn,
x
to give me up,
as if I were a beast impounded
and not a rose.
x
I'll start again
as dreams come into flower,
x
and let the earth embrace
what it comes upon
in me.
x
x

c copyright/ all rights reserved


11 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Lyn - This was brilliant! I just loved the personification of the rose and your choice of words and phrases.
"read my petals on a wistful day" - Gosh, that's really good!

Kat

Lyn said...

Hi Kat-
I'm so glad you liked this one..too many rainy days this summer..lots of time!!

alaine@éclectique said...

Hello Lyn, That's very,very good and, BTW, you can't kill a rose!

Jeane Myers said...

I'm totally with Poetikat - that line "read my petals on a wistful day" - such a fabulous picture and meaning and just everything! Love it!

Lyn said...

Hi Alaine-
Thank you very much..and of course I agree with you..about killing a rose!!!

Hi Jeane-
Sometimes words just sort of appear, that's why the writing is so much fun !! I thank you for caring!!

A Cuban In London said...

A plea from the rose? An enviromentally friendly poem? Whatever it was, the delivery was great. I loved the flower's voice. Many thanks.

Greetings from London.

Lyn said...

Greetings to a Cuban-
The voice of the rose..that's me!...Thank you!!

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

This is quite simply beautiful!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
What a lovely thing to say! I very much appreciate it..thank you!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful write, you. Very beautiful.

Lyn said...

Hi SarahA-
Thanks for your visit and your kind comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin