Thursday, September 17, 2009

FIRE and ICE


SOMETIMES the tone of things these days leads one to believe that
we, the upright walking creatures, mean to do ourselves irreparable harm.
And take the rest of this amazing planet with us.
x
I came across this poem by Robert Frost. Clever fellow.
x
FIRE AND ICE
X
Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if I had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.
x
Robert Frost


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAyles Ice Shelf
x
x
Mary Travers
November 6, 1936- September 16, 2009
"Blowin' in the Wind"
Rest In Peace

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Lyn,

You are right. Mr Frost was indeed a clever fellow. What is to be done?!

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
Indeed..Let's do it..kindness, love, friendship..so that it flows from us..and keep smiling!!

Deedee said...

I agree, Lyn. All we can do is do what we can. As Bruce Cockburn sang: "Got to kick at the darkness 'til it bleeds daylight..."

Lyn said...

Hi Deedee-
Thank you...Love that lyric...."kick at the darkness"....

alaine@éclectique said...

Ice would be cool - sorry.

It's been a sad week with Patrick and Mary departing. I loved Mary's blonde hair swishing around as she got into the beat.

A Cuban In London said...

The poem is an absolute beauty and why was I not surprised that he preferred ice? Because his surname was Frost.

Greetings from London.

Lyn said...

Hi Alaine-
It's true, there are so many great memories attached to Mary and Patrick..always loved!

Lyn said...

Greetings to a Cuban-
That is very astute of you, my friend..Frost, indeed!!
This small poem is perfect..every word belongs! Thank you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin