Friday, December 4, 2009

Apis Mellifera

HONEY BEE
X
I would give up a day of my life
to go where the bee goes.
To sip the nectar of milk thistle,
hear the sigh of petals stirring
as the cluster welcomes me
to sink within its pollen.
x
I need to taste the virgin wine
but daylight dims.
x
The approaching night
and a mockingbird plan my demise.
x
My wings risk the gamble
as I powder myself in clouds of dust
to fly, to fly...
x
I hear the Queen singing,
come back Apis Mellifera,
don't bend to the assassin.
x
And I race away enraptured
to set my gift before the throne.
x
x
c copyright/ all rights reserved
x
http://www.minblu.blogspot.com/


10 comments:

Deedee said...

Beautiful! I love bees too.

Lyn said...

Hi Deedee-
Thank you..yes, to be another creature!

alaine@éclectique said...

I WAS that bee, reading this. Lovely.

Lyn said...

Hi Alaine-
It's good to be..a bee..Thank you!

A Cuban In London said...

And just when I was settling into the rhythm... it finished. But at least I kept this line:

'hear the sigh of petals stirring'

So evocative.

Greetings from London.

Lyn said...

Greetings to a Cuban-
Thank you..the poem about the Mayfly is even shorter..ha ha...

Unknown said...

Simply beautiful, Lyn. If only ....

Lyn said...

Hi Derrick-
I think it becomes true through poetry..
Thank you!

Jeane Myers said...

magical Lyn! xxo

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
Thank you so much..I did like getting into this one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin