Monday, March 21, 2011

MAGPIE/ Prompt #58

     
                                              photo/ tess kincaid/ magpie tales


THE LEAST

Shield me, it's the least you can do.
I've carried your weapons the distance.
You gesture like the Queen,
are you mocking me?

You called me your wild Rosemary
when I was your soothing salve.
I tended to your wounds,
old yellow bruises,
and bites by hounds.

You learned that heroes
are not always done in
by a daring sword.
You always healed.

All I'm asking for
is a touch of St. Ignatius' balm,
to lift my spirits,
a simple comfort, a touch,
so I can stop
being weary of pain,

of the chrysalis within,
and see a butterfly
finally released.


copyright/ all rights reserved/ 2011



http://www.minblu.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/lynxny




This is what I posted last year on March 22:

Happy Birthday to:

Reese Witherspoon
William Shatner
Stephen Sondheim
Andrew Lloyd Webber
Mathew Modine
Lena Olin
and:
Me!!
Still the same!!

33 comments:

Lyn said...

Hi Tumblewords-
Wow! I'll take that...thanks!

Brigid O'Connor said...

Such a lovley piece.

Lyn said...

Hi Brigid-
Thanks for the visit and comment!!

Anonymous said...

Nice take on the prompt Lyn

Lyn said...

Hi Jane-
Thanks for your kind words!!

Tess Kincaid said...

Beautiful. A balm to read.

Lyn said...

Hi Tess-
It's the Prompts that's the heart of it all..thanks!!

Jinksy said...

Your freed butterfly is beautiful...
And Happy Birthday to yet another March Hare! :)

anthonynorth said...

Beautiful and deep words.

Anonymous said...

I love your words. The imagery they conjure of such weariness...

http://absolutepalaver.wordpress.com/2011/03/22/life/

Lyn said...

Hi Jinksy-
Thanks so much for your lovely words!

Lyn said...

Hi anthonynorth-
So happy that you enjoyed this..thanks!

Louise said...

Magical and beautiful, really enjoyed the read.

Lyn said...

Hi absolutepalaver-
Thanks for visiting..I appreciate your thoughts..

Lyn said...

Hi 120 Socks-
Thank you so much for your kind words!

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Excellent observation on the
Magpie.

Anna :o]

Helen said...

Your piece soothes the soul ...

R. Burnett Baker said...

A wonderful expression of love of another, love of self, and the desire to be free for both! Beautiful words!

Rick

Olivia said...

Poignant! Beautiful! Intense!
A very touching poem woven here Lyn.. :) Loved it totally!

Hugs xoxox

Lyn said...

Hi Anna-
So glad you stopped by..welcome..and thank you so much!!

Lyn said...

Hi Helen-
Who could ask for more? Thank you!

Lyn said...

Hi Rick-
So happy that you dropped by...Thanks for your kind thoughts!

Lyn said...

Hi Olivia-
Thanks..you are more than kind!!

Friko said...

A sad poem, I hope the plea is not in vain.

And happy birthday, Lyn.

Lyn said...

Hi Friko-
All memories of a different sort of person..and thanks for the birthday wish!

Carrie Van Horn said...

Lyn this is a brilliant and beautiful poem...:-)

Lyn said...

Hi Carrie-
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed this...thank you!

Reflections said...

Lovely, tender, soothing words.

Isabel Doyle said...

could be an ode to long life and marriage ...

Lyn said...

Hi Reflections-
So glad to hear from you, and your comments...thanks...

Lyn said...

Hi Isabel-
Interesting take..long life, indeed!!

Helena said...

I always look forward to you posts Lyn, never disappointed! Your opening line is fab!

And I enjoyed the annual trip back. Clever idea! I have trouble remembering what I've just written,...!

Lyn said...

Hi Lena-
I'm really flattered by your comment..thank you so much...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin