Wednesday, March 23, 2011

MONDAY'S CHILD #38


                                                     Illustration/ Fernando Falcone

The Tea Party.  Alice in Wonderland.  Wish I was there.  Leave it to Monday's Child #38 ,which asks us to write a piece for children.  Which character would I be ?  Who do I relate to the most?  Let's see....


A GIRL NAMED ALICE

I am the other Alice,
not the famous one in Wonderland.
But just a girl
who, day after day,
keeps falling down a rabbit hole.

You'd think I'd be
a bit more careful by now,
but the hole keeps moving around
in a most magical sort of way.

So there I go
tumbling
down
again.

And when I see
a shiny pocket watch
in a White Rabbit's grasp,
I know it's time to reach for the key,

open the door
to the garden once more,

through which I'll fit
when I take a sip of "Drink Me",
in my very own Wonderland.


copyright/ all rights reserved/ 2011


http://www.minblu.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/lynxny

8 comments:

Jeane Myers said...

love, love, love this Lyn! truly you are the other Alice xo

Lyn said...

Hi Jeane-
Thanks.. That's me, always climbing out of the hole...``

Helena said...

I'm a Monday's Child - (well I share it with my twin!). Nice characterization.

Lyn said...

Hi Lena-
A twin! Divine! I'm a Wednesday child.."is full of woe"..so not true about me...

Olivia said...

This is as lovely as it could be Lyn!!

Beautiful imagery- can I join you this time? I believe that drink me would be enough for two of us!

Alician Hugs xoxox

Lyn said...

Hi Olivia-
I love the Alician Hugs..very nice..thanks!!

joanna said...

Lyn

this is a marvelous creation of a whimsical and creative mind. C.S. Lewis would be honored and so would the other Alice.

Have a nice week end.

Joanny

Lyn said...

Hi joanny-
What a generous statement!!Thank you..and I believe that you're referring to C.L. Dodgson/ Lewis Carroll..I'm in very good company!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin