Sunday, November 11, 2012

MAGPIE...Prompt #143


                                                  Verdun, 1917/  Felix Vallotton


THANK YOU, Tess for Magpie Tales...


ELEVEN  ELEVEN

What color dust
have you become?
Did you drink in red
as you were sliced?

Is it soul or skin
that drifts upwards
to add a stain
to the eternal cloth?

I'm the shade of hell,
the mud trench we died in.
You sink into me.

A raven calls the time,
eleven, eleven.
On my back
dead eyes
stare at the azure sky.

Part of forever now,
I'm the blue in the rainbow,
don't search
beyond that
for me.




copyright/ all rights reserved/ 2012


http://www.minblu.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/lynxny




20 comments:

rel said...

Those who finish on the field of battle are the winners.... It is they who have escaped the tumult.
rel

Brian Miller said...

dang...you gave me chills...

I'm the shade of hell,
the mud trench we died in.
You sink into me.

and then the raven calling the time...really well played...

Lyn said...

Hi rel-
I guess finishing anywhere is good..interesting..thank you!

Lyn said...

Hi Brian-
So glad to read your comment..thank you, Brian.

Laurie Kolp said...

This is astounding... love the ending.

Lyn said...

Hi Laurie-
Thank you so much..very appreciated!

Helen said...

Somber words, thoughtful words ... great piece Lyn!

Lyn said...

Hi Helen-
W W 1...always brings up the most haunting visions..thank you..

Helena said...

This is my fave so far! Lyn - I simply love:

'I'm the blue in the rainbow,
don't search beyond that for me.'

Lyn said...

Hi Helena-
I sort of hope that's true for me! Thanks so much...

Silent Otto said...

so haunting, its true , what the raven says, it is folly, though perhaps not justice.

~T~ said...

The very colors of poignancy. Well done.

Lyn said...

Hi Kutamun-
Ah, justice..that's the difficult one! thank you...

Lyn said...

Hi ~T~
Thanks so much for your comment, this one haunted me...

Tess Kincaid said...

"...part of forever now"...poignant and beautiful...

Lyn said...

Hi Tess-
Thanks for your kind words...

Carrie Van Horn said...

So many amazing lines here.....love this Lyn!!!

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Beautifully written Lyn

"I'm the shade of hell,
the mud trench we died in."

God it must have been hell.

Anna :o]

Lyn said...

Hi Carrie-
Thank you..what a time that was!!

Lyn said...

Hi hyperCRYPTICal-
Hard to believe they thought this worthwhile! Thank you, Anna...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin