Sunday, January 6, 2013

MAGPIE...Prompt #150


                                               Image/ Daniel Murtagh       

Thank you, Tess, at Magpie Tales....Just words today, wish I could post that lovely photo...inspired nevertheless!

 Well, as you can see, I was finally able to post the photo...angels must have helped, certainly wasn't Blogger!!



THE DOOR

Strung together,
like cheap pearls,
my moment,
my heart,
soul a grain of sand,
powerless
in the grasp of vanity.

Pride opens the door,
the breach unguarded,
transient details unfold.

Always an inner fee
when I was the wine,
when I was the rose.


Copyright/ all rights reserved/ 2013

http://www.minblu.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/lynxny





18 comments:

R. Burnett Baker said...

That last line is just the kick in the gut! Who of us hasn't known that feeling, when the bill comes due?

Lyn said...

Hi Rick-
Thank you for that interesting comment. That bill...

21 Wits said...

Oh for sure- it's all those inner fees that cost so much! :)
A very lovely write- sorry about your picture troubles- it seems it's always something with the internet- or blogger or etc! Enjoy your week!

Sueann said...

Nicely done....when I was the wine.,...when I was the rose...I liked this
Hugs
SUeAnn

Laurie Kolp said...

Inner fee... priceless.

I've been having probs with blogger, too.

Lyn said...

Hi Karen S.-
Love your comment..thank you...indeed, what can't be seen by others..and going crazy over blogger!!

Lyn said...

Hi SueAnn-
Thank you..I really appreciate this comment!

Lyn said...

Hi Laurie-
Thanks...I think we all share that..and grow!
Fingers crossed, blogger may be working?

Helen said...

There is a poignancy in your poem that hits hard (certainly for me.)
I love it.

Carrie Van Horn said...

So much truth and spoken like a true poet Lyn....i love love love this one! :-)

Tess Kincaid said...

Lovely, wistful last line...

Lyn said...

Hi Helen-
Thank you for your expression of your feelings.

Lyn said...

Hi Carrie-
There seemed to be so much beneath the surface..glad to be in the same club as you..true poet!!!

Lyn said...

Hi Tess-
Wistful..I love that word..thanks for providing that gorgeous pic...

rel said...

My dad always said; everything has a price. He also reminded me frequently to seize the day.
rel

Silent Otto said...

Very elegantly Saturnine, Lyn, i like it

Lyn said...

Hi rel-
I like your dad...he spoke the truth! Thanks...

Lyn said...

Hi Kutamun-
What a special comment...leave it to you!! Thank you...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin