Monday, August 26, 2013

MAGPIE...Prompt #183


                                            PASSING PLACE/ Steven Kelly


THANK YOU, Tess, at Magpie Tales...


LONG AND WINDING

Ready for cloud nine,

instead, barren arid landscape,
not the wrap up I'm expecting.

I'm floating
like a half-formed banshee,
asking veiled spirits
if this is Paradise?

Not a seraph in sight
to bundle me across
the path of good intentions.

Where's the tunnel of light,
or my spirit guide
swanning in the mist,
waiting to take my hand?

I expected
at the very least,
a beckoning angel,
face of a Gothic saint.

Maybe a chorus line
meandering up
the stairway to heaven.

Really disappointed.


Copyright/ all rights reserved/ 2013

http://www.minblu.com
http://twitter.com/lynxny

14 comments:

Doctor FTSE said...

No one could be really disappointed after reading this.

Jinksy said...

Yay! A chorus line would be great! LOL. I did enjoy this - thanks. ♥

Lyn said...

Hi Doctor FTSE..
Thanks so much...I aim to please!

Lyn said...

Hi Jinksy-
I tried to be serious...didn't work...thanks!!

Carrie Van Horn said...

I am with Jinksy chorus line would be awesome....a lovely write Lyn...hope all is well with you.

Silent Otto said...

Is this all there is ?
Many believe that the fabled tunnel with the light at the end is simply our life played in reverse at the point of physical death, so in due course we are once again coming out the uterus into the brightly lit hospital....
Some spiritual paths promote thinking the day in reverse as tou pass to sleep at night, to learn and become better at this process...
Fascinating eh ?

Lyn said...

Hi Carrie-
I really appreciate your very kind words...thanks!

Lyn said...

Hi Kutamun-
Good morning from NYC!! Yes, I believe...I just want bells and whistles..and better choreography! Thanks..

Unknown said...

Perhaps you are still on the way?

Lyn said...

Hi Jerry-
Yes, you're right...it's the journey that matters! Thank you...

Tess Kincaid said...

Or at least Georges Guetary singing...

Lyn said...

Hi Tess-
Definitely have to check him out..I trust your taste!! Keep 'em coming!!!

Wayne said...

Well done

Lyn said...

Hi poga poetry-
Thanks so much for dropping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin