Monday, January 6, 2014

MAGPIE...Prompt #201

             
                                                NEW YORK at NIGHT/ Vivienne Gucwa



THANK YOU, Tess..at Magpie Tales


FIREFLY

In a silver drizzle
we seem the same.
Some mistake me 
for a Mayfly.
Here today, cliche' tomorrow.

Well, no,
my wings are not yet
curled in prayer,
in a plea
for one more dawn,
half my life in supplication,
the rest in fancy.

I'm a Firefly, after all,
invisible at sunrise,
but a delight
in the nightfall garden.

I'm here in the dew,
there in the rose,
and suddenly
setting fire 
to that distant heart.

Caught in a jar,
set out on the grass,
I will light the way,

become part of the parade
to a galaxy unknown.


Copyright/ all rights reserved/ 2014


http://www.minblu.blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/lynxny

20 comments:

Berowne said...

Curiously magical; delightful.

Tess Kincaid said...

A most beautiful firefly...

Lyn said...

Hi Berowne-
Lovely comment...thanks so much!

Lyn said...

Hi Tess-
You dealt a good one here..thank you!

Blue Sky Dreaming said...

A magical beginning for this new year! I'm glowing!

kaykuala said...

Romantics of a firefly, something uniquely deceptive! Wonderful write Lyn!

Hank

21 Wits said...

Oh yes, and I know the glow will last forever more. I found myself singing along.... until the end.

Lyn said...

Hi Blue Sky Dreaming...
Thank you...magic is the way to go!

Lyn said...

Hi kaykuala-
I really appreciate your kind words...thank you, Hank...

Lyn said...

Hi Karen S.-
I'm glad I wrote a song for you..fabulous! Thank you!

Helen said...

Lyn, your blog header meshes perfectly with the challenge .. love this poem!

Lyn said...

Hi Helen-
Sometimes things just fall into place...thanks so much!!

Brian Miller said...

nice...fireflies are so cool...a bit of natures magic...we used to catch them as kids...still do with my boys...we get quite a few in the field out back.....lead the way....

Kathe W. said...

what a wonderous poem for the beginning of another year...

Lyn said...

Hi Brian-
I still think that fireflies are magical..wish I could light up!! Thanks, as always!! Good year!

Lyn said...

Hi Kathe W.-
Thank you so much...to a year filled with poetry!!

Helena said...

Words that capture a beautiful glow!

Lyn said...

Hi Helena-
Lovely ...thanks so much..

~T~ said...

I miss seeing fireflies. Thanks for reminding me of their magic!

Lyn said...

Hi ~T~
Magic..you can count on me ...thanks!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin